Upcoming Events for July 2011
- 45 houses built in the Trincomalee District and 80 houses built in the Mannar District under the Caritas IDP Resettlement program will be handed over to beneficiaries in the Nallur village, Muthur on 8th July and in Parappankandal on 15th July, respectively, presided over by Rt Rev Dr Kingsley Swampillai, Bishop of Tricomalee/Batticaloa and Rt Rev Dr Rayappu Joseph, Bishop of Mannar, at the respective locations.
These houses are part of the 170 units constructed with financial assistance from the Belgium Development Corporation of the Belgian Government, coordinated by Caritas Belgium.
- A two-day training program designed towards the capacity building of Prison officials on Child Rights will be held on 9th and 10th July 2011 at SEDEC for a group of 50 Chief Jailors from different parts of the country.
- A two-day awareness program on child rights for a group of 75 Probationary Officers will be held on 29th and 30th July 2011 at SEDEC.
- A two-day Review on Peace Activities under the Integral Huamn Devlopment Through Community Empowerment (IHDTCE) Program will be held at SEDEC on 18th and 19th July 2011. Around 25 diocesan officers engaged in the IHDTCE Program in all the dioceses are expected to attend this meeting which will include also a special session on Guiding Principles of Good Governance.
- 20th July - Program on Safe Migration and Human Trafficking for 50 Police officers of Anuradhapura Police Division. Venue - Anuradhapura
- 22nd July - Program on Human Trafficking for 50 Religious Brothers and Sisters. Venue - SEDEC
Last Updated (Monday, 11 July 2011 16:30)