Caritas Sri Lanka-SEDEC is the social arm of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Sri Lanka and is affiliated to Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 Catholic relief, development, and social service organizations present in 200 countries and territories.
Our national centre is located in the Archdiocese of Colombo, Sri Lanka's capital city. Our vision is radiated to the far corners of the island through 12 Diocesan Centres. Caritas Sri Lanka-SEDEC is also the national secretariat of the National Catholic Commission for Justice Peace and Human Development.
Upcoming Events - November 2015
- 4th AND 5th NOVEMBER - The first module of a 3 part series of workshops on Safe Migration will be held at SEDEC Auditorium. The participants will be diocesan Staff from all Diocesan Centres and a group of Religious Sisters
- 26th and 27th NOVEMBER - Two-day training programme on Capacity building for micro-finance and livelihood development will be held at Janasetha, Kurunegala, participated by 24 Diocesan Staff representing the Dioceses of Anuradhapura, Chilaw, Colombo, Kurunegala, Badulla, Ratnapura, Galle and Kandy.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 17 November 2015 12:03)
Caritas Sri Lanka recently rushed non- food relief items worth over Rs. 700,000/- to Caritas SED Galle for distribution among 500 families who were affected by the flood situation which prevailed in Galle and Matara Districts in October 2015.
Mr Aron Halfen, Caritas Norway Program Coordinator for Asia and Africa visited Sri Lanka from 12th to 19th October 2015. During his stay, he held discussions with Rev Fr George Sigamoney, National Director of Caritas Sri Lanka and visited the Dioceses of Jaffna, Kurunegala, Batticaloa and Anuradhapura where projects and programs supported by Caritas Norway are being implemented.
A team of eight Co-operative Credit Union leaders and two Program Officers from Mymensingh Region of Caritas Bangladesh visited Sri Lanka from 3rd to 9th October 2015 on an exposure tour aimed at familiarizing themselves with similar systems operating in Sri Lanka.
Mr Michael Peyra, Programme Coordinator of Caritas Australia visited Sri Lanka from 20th -25th August 2015 during which period he participated in an event held at SEDEC Auditorium to mark the Post-War Healing Mission of the Church as well as visiting the Jaffna Diocese to review the progress of housing projects supported by Caritas Australia.
- World Food Day 2015 - Statement by the Catholic National Commission for Justice, Peace and Human Development
- CRS delegation visits Sri Lanka
- POST WAR HEALING MISSION OF THE CHURCH
- Business counseling for livelihood beneficiaries in Mullaitivu District
- Capacity building on good governance and social justice for grass root level leaders
- Post-war healing mission of the Church