Caritas Sri Lanka-SEDEC is the social arm of the Catholic Bishops' Conference of Sri Lanka and is affiliated to Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 Catholic relief, development, and social service organizations present in 200 countries and territories.
Our national centre is located in the Archdiocese of Colombo, Sri Lanka's capital city. Our vision is radiated to the far corners of the island through 12 Diocesan Centres. Caritas Sri Lanka-SEDEC is also the national secretariat of the National Catholic Commission for Justice Peace and Human Development.
Upcoming Events - February 2017
- 6th, 7th & 8th February 2017 - Capacity Building Programme on Leadership, Project Management &Project Cycle for Diocesan Directors / DC and NC Key Staff will be held at SEDEC auditorium. Rev. Fr. Celestine Melchlor Devasahayam – Consultant to CRS India and Mr. Kushal Neogy – Sub regional Director Partnerships in CRS South Asia will jointly facilitate this programme.
- 14th February 2017 – Capacity Building Workshop for the Finance Staff of 13 DCs/NC will be held at SEDEC auditorium. The workshop will be facilitated by the Tally Software Company.
- 16th & 17th February 2017 – Capacity Building Training on Safe Labour Migration for DC/ NC project staff, government officers (SLBFE, Department of Probation and Child Care Services), CBO leaders will be held at SEDEC auditorium.
- 17th February 2017 – Refresher Training for the Programme Coordinators of 13 DCs under “Religious Amity” project funded by Caritas Norway will be held at Janasaviya Centre, Caritas Chilaw.
- Capacity Building Training for Food Security Staff under the project “Substantiation of Community Institutions for Sustainable Agriculture to Ensure Food Security”
- 15th February 2017 - Batticaloa DC
- 16th February 2017 - Anuradhapura DC
- 17th February 2017 - Kurunegala DC.
Last Updated (Thursday, 26 January 2017 15:36)
The first National Legal Guidance Committee meeting (NLGC) organized by the Safe Migration Unit of Caritas Sri Lanka was held on 24th January 2017 at SEDEC.
A 3-day capacity building programme for the Caritas Diocesan Directors, key DC Staff and selected members of the National Centre Staff was held from 6th to 8th February 2017 at the SEDEC auditorium. This is the first of its kind programme, under the series of capacity building initiatives planned for the year, 2017.
A training session on Presentation Skills and PowerPoint Presentation was held at the Caritas Sri Lanka - SEDEC auditorium on 31st of January 2017. The main objective of the session was to enhance and sharpen the presentational skills of the National Centre Staff.
An international forum, under the theme, “Time for Action: Doing rights-based governance of Migration and Development in our Communities and Across Borders” was held for the 9th consecutive year, from 5th to 12 December 2016 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The global forum and its connected events were organized by the Migration Forum Asia (MFA) and by the Government of Bangladesh.
A Training of Trainers (TOT) workshop for the Diocesan Coordinators and Volunteers of all 13 dioceses were held recently at the SEDEC auditorium. The timely intervention and sharing was organized with the objective of enhancing the knowledge of the participants with the essential tools and practices of the Transitional Justice process, that strengthen the peace and reconciliation work that Caritas Sri Lanka promotes.
START is a network of international NGOs based in England, which granted its prestigious membership to Caritas Sri Lanka (CSL) recently and added the logo of the Sri Lankan partner to its official webpage. START is a network comprised of 42 national and international aid agencies from five continents with the sole objective of delivering an effective aid, harnessing the power and knowledge of the network to make faster and better decisions to help people affected by crises.