Caritas Sri Lanka – SEDEC (CSL) has organized a series of panel discussion to create awareness on the present social political and religious atmosphere prevailing in the country. The first of its kind programme will be telecast on VERBUM television on 4th Saturday and 5th Sunday of May at 8.00 p.m.
CSL plans to organize 10 panel discussions over the coming weeks to shed more light into the current crisis from various perspectives. The programme will include religious leaders and other experts on various fields to discuss ways and means to touch and heal the hearts of Sri Lankans from the Easter Sunday Bombing.
The programmes will be carried out with an in-depth analysis to achieve real and pragmatic solutions towards peace and reconciliation, especially for the directly affected and for each and every citizen in Sri Lanka who is disturbed by shock and dismay.
The first discussion will be based on the themes of peace and reconciliation, healing the minds and how to deal with extreme ideologies.
The Panelists of the First Discussion
– Most. Rev. Dr. Raymond Wickramasinghe – Chairman, National Commission for Social Communications of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Sri Lanka/ Bishop of Galle
– Swami Gunatitananda – Chinmaya Mission of Colombo
– Rev.Fr. Mahendra Gunatilleke – National Director, Caritas Sri Lanka – SEDEC
– Mowlawi Arkam Noor Amith – All Ceylon Islamic Theologian Council
– Dr. Kumbalgoda Dhamaloka Thera – Kirinda, Puhulwella, Sawanamulla, Sri Vardhanaramaya
– Mr. Millan De Silva – Host from Verbum Television